Consistent and proper vehicle maintenance helps your vehicle last longer and run more efficiently, not to mention helps preserve your vehicle’s performance, trade-in or resale value, and overall reliability. For folks in Trenton, ON, choosing a Ford means choosing a vehicle with a long history of power and dependability. But even the toughest vehicles require regular, essential maintenance to keep them in good condition to last you for the long haul. Here are some Ford vehicle maintenance tips to help you keep your car, truck, or SUV running smoothly for years to come.
- Read the Owner's Manual: Familiarize yourself with your Ford's owner's manual. It contains valuable information about recommended maintenance schedules, fluid types, and other essential details.
- Follow the Maintenance Schedule: Stick to the manufacturer-recommended maintenance schedule outlined in your owner's manual. This schedule includes oil changes, tire rotations, filter replacements, and more. Regular maintenance can prevent costly repairs down the road.
- Check Engine Oil: Regularly check your engine oil level and change it according to the recommended schedule. Low or dirty oil can lead to engine damage.
- Inspect Tires: Check tire pressure regularly and maintain it at the recommended levels. Inspect the tires for signs of wear, uneven tread, and damage. Rotate the tires as recommended to ensure even wear.
- Brake Inspection: Pay attention to your brakes. If you hear squeaking, grinding or feel a decrease in braking performance, have your brakes inspected and serviced promptly.
- Fluid Levels: Regularly check and top up all essential fluids, including coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid, and windshield washer fluid. Low fluid levels can lead to system malfunctions.
- Battery Maintenance: Inspect the battery terminals for corrosion and ensure they are clean and tight. Have the battery tested periodically to check its condition.
- Replace Air Filters: Replace your vehicle's air filter as recommended. A clean air filter improves engine performance and fuel efficiency.
- Inspect Belts and Hoses: Examine the serpentine belt and radiator hoses for signs of wear, cracks, or leaks. Replace them if necessary to prevent breakdowns.
- Check Lights: Regularly check all exterior and interior lights, including headlights, taillights, turn signals, and brake lights. Replace any burnt-out bulbs promptly.
- Wiper Blades: Inspect the windshield wiper blades for wear and replace them if they streak or leave streaks on the windshield.
- Alignment and Suspension: If you notice your vehicle pulling to one side or you experience a rough ride, have the alignment and suspension checked by a professional.
- Cooling System: Keep the cooling system in good condition. Check for coolant leaks, and flush and replace the coolant as recommended.
- Exhaust System: Periodically inspect the exhaust system for leaks or damage, as this can affect both your vehicle's performance and safety.
- Fuel System Maintenance: Use high-quality fuel, and consider using fuel system cleaners as recommended to keep the fuel system clean and efficient.
- Maintain the Interior: Keep the interior clean and free from debris to prevent damage to seats, carpets, and other interior components.
- Rust Prevention: Protect your Ford vehicle from rust by keeping it clean and applying rust prevention treatments if necessary, especially in areas prone to corrosion.
- Emergency Kit: Keep an emergency kit in your vehicle, including items like a flashlight, jumper cables, a first aid kit, and basic tools.
- Drive Smoothly: Avoid aggressive driving habits such as rapid acceleration and hard braking, as they can lead to increased wear and reduced fuel efficiency.
- Use Genuine Ford Parts: When replacing parts or components, use genuine Ford parts and have the work done by a certified Ford technician for the best results and warranty protection.
Experience Expert Maintenance at Lange & Fetter
By following these maintenance tips and staying proactive about caring for your Ford vehicle, you can help ensure it remains reliable and safe for as long as possible. Regular maintenance can also contribute to better fuel efficiency and lower overall operating costs. For expert auto service or trustworthy advice, visit Lange & Fetter’s service centre in Trenton, ON, with factory service technicians who know your vehicle best! Schedule a maintenance service online today!